Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Needed a few in case some broke, i guess. Only 1 driver took the challenge to start in the rear.
    Video just spinning, anyone else having the same problem

Hav-A-Tampa Shootout was an invitational but they didn’t start all 100 that showed up. You’re invited to compete not guaranteed to race.

Who are the guys in the stands?

Clanton wins, Macintosh second. Pretty good race. Worth my subscription price for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Who are the guys in the stands?
    Probably crew members

It was a decent race. Did not need the caution when the top 5 were all close.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I know right. I saw a picture on Twitter of the bleachers blocked off with yellow tape and I was like maybe it's a good thing no one is sitting there...
    I was there a few years ago. I don't remember it being that bad. Y'all sound like Turner wanting big races to be invitationals so it can be chosen who shows up. Elitist...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Video just spinning, anyone else having the same problem
    I received the dreaded spinning circle as well. Happened while they were cleaning up the Oneal/Hardy wreck. Figured the video crew was doubling as track workers and wrecker driver. Do they have to get the Governor's permission to fire up the tow truck?
    Kudos to Michael Chilton for attempting the bonus challenge. Not so much for the 15 year touring champion puss that spanked the regional guys.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 05-01-2020 at 07:25 AM.
    8/13/16

There was no spinning at my house, I thankfully had no issues with the feed at all. My hat is off to the film crew, the announcers, the track operators, and all involved. 2-1/2 hour program for practice, qualifying, heats and feature for one class. Good all around. Can't wait for tonight's Lancaster race.

If they keep adding money to the put I think they should also had a few more laps so those guys actually have a chance at winning from the back

Yes Chilton was the only one to attempt it but realistically did anyone think he could do it? 19 cars in 40 laps? Not on that track.

Yes Chilton was the only one to attempt it but realistically did anyone think he could do it? 19 cars in 40 laps? Not on that track.
    Not really but he did finish 9th I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Kudos to Michael Chilton for attempting the bonus challenge. Not so much for the 15 year touring champion puss that spanked the regional guys.
    Agree on both accounts. McIntosh had the lead but the timing of the O’Neal/Hardy caution put Clanton back in the lead. McIntosh needed about 8-10 laps under green to get a run on Clanton and just didn’t have that at the end.

Decent race. Cool looking race track. Very thankful to watch a DLM race (for free even!). Big thanks to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    There was no spinning at my house, I thankfully had no issues with the feed at all. My hat is off to the film crew, the announcers, the track operators, and all involved. 2-1/2 hour program for practice, qualifying, heats and feature for one class. Good all around. Can't wait for tonight's Lancaster race.
    It wasn’t a film “crew”. It was one guy — Mitchell Jenkins — from one angle. At no time during the show did my wife or I even notice it was being shown this way, so hats off to you, Mitchell. That was impressive!

If your video player was spinning and it’s not doing the same thing for everyone. It’s 99 percent your internet connection.

There was pretty much zero passing in the dash or consys, so I can understand the front row drivers making the choice they made. But I’m still proud of the only Kentucky pilot in the field. He has balls. He isn’t used to that no passing, no heats, single file restart crap ... but he showed up and made us proud.

I still think McIntosh got screwed. He had the best car in the feature.

There were no other divisions running. Of course it took a minute to wear out the top/run in the a second groove.

Clanton had the best short run car and he got lucky on the caution. Hudson might have had the best car overall. Wish they could have stayed green. It was about to get good.

Clanton also made the right choice. You don’t fix wrecked race cars or pay the bills with balls. You pay those things with money. He made the right financial choice as nobody was passing 19 cars in 40 laps. With a good field and as aero dominant as these things are now, those days are exceedingly rare.

Overton 15th to 5th was a nice rally.

Those bleachers aren’t really that bad. It’s not Charlotte or anything, but I’ve been to worse.

Kudos to the all involved. Enjoyed the show.

"Clanton also made the right choice. You don’t fix wrecked race cars or pay the bills with balls. You pay those things with money. He made the right financial choice as nobody was passing 19 cars in 40 laps. With a good field and as aero dominant as these things are now, those days are exceedingly rare"

Exactly...

The fact it was better to race for $4k than $25k is what is wrong with the cars today.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2