Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

If every American stood up to the cops and government they could not stop us

From the sounds of it. I don't think some cops want to stop anyone. Some have spoke out against doing so and saying their office would stand down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ing-businesses
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 05-03-2020 at 03:19 PM.

yea I THINK most tracks will be DOA come October. Your asphalt tracks were on life support but dirt tracks will be no more. Also you will lose a lot of cars over this as well. And fans will not be there.

Oh don't even think such a thing. These places are sacred to racing and dirt racing fans. It would not be right to lose all of this over such a fraud.

Did the track owners, promoters and series' apply for federal PPP? Do either of them carry business interruption insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    If every American stood up to the cops and government they could not stop us
    It's not the cops making these rules, and from what I've seen 99% of cops have not enforced anything. And where they have enforced stuff, it's in a blue statet or city where those people get what they deserve for the idiots they votet into office.

I don't consider Ohio Democrat and Troy,Ohio is a Republican held town and they had cops forcing shops to close standing there until the lights were shut off and they have been enforcing social distancing. Also what about back taxes for the tracks like property and also insurance and up keep because electric is still connected and water ohh and also this may sound funny but most of the Owners still owe on the place so they have to pay either monthly or yearly a certain payment. So with no income they could be SOL.

I agree …. Tracks & Chassis builders are having it tuff …. Some trades are busy …. I don't understand why the stock market isn't going down as this thing drags out longer ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

They cant get a PPP loan because they have to have employees and if they are seasonal they don't count. Also if the owner has his wife and kids working they are not qualified. So a lot of tracks like I said are SOL.

Also Bob the reason the stock markets are staying high is simple. Certain Companies are buying back there own stocks thus keeping their own stocks high and also most people have lost their butt on the stocks hows your 401 k lol

Businesses all over the country are making the decision to reopen and the police are posting in some areas around here that they're not enforcing business closures anymore. This will be happening everywhere soon. All businesses need to reopen now. It becomes more clear every day that this virus hype is a scam and it's only people 75+ that are clogging up the hospitals so they need to stay isolated. Counting the asymptomatic cases the mortality rate is .05%, and up to 95% of people who get it are asymptomatic. The mortality rate is much lower in people under 75. Now scientists in Germany are saying that asymptomatic people may not even be contagious.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 05-03-2020 at 10:13 PM.

All these states are trying to do is hold out as long as possible for more federal funding to be passed to cover out of control spending, pay back debt and replenish pensions they've broken.

I'd be worried about tracks closing if most of them weren't money losing tax shelters for businesses that actually make money run by the same people. Now if the owner's other business ventures that truly butter their bread is getting lambasted then the track is in trouble. If it's a track that actually makes money when times are good and the operator is truly doing this for a living then the track is in trouble. Fact is though that's 99 percent of the time not the case. Business owners have rights and before long they're all just going to defy the orders. It's been too long already and they should be doing so right now.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'd be worried about tracks closing if most of them weren't money losing tax shelters for businesses that actually make money run by the same people. Now if the owner's other business ventures that truly butter their bread is getting lambasted then the track is in trouble. If it's a track that actually makes money when times are good and the operator is truly doing this for a living then the track is in trouble. Fact is though that's 99 percent of the time not the case. Business owners have rights and before long they're all just going to defy the orders. It's been too long already and they should be doing so right now.
    Not to mention the states are opening themselves up to lawsuits at the Federal government level every time the police shut down a business. The ability to operate your business is a protected right. AG Barr and Supreme Court judges are now getting involved in Pennsylvania business lawsuits against the state for not letting them operate. I doubt police departments want any part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    yea I THINK most tracks will be DOA come October. Your asphalt tracks were on life support but dirt tracks will be no more. Also you will lose a lot of cars over this as well. And fans will not be there.
    Maybe the private tracks. The fairgrounds tracks will be fine.

The claim that fans won't be there is absurd. Everybody I know will be at the track as soon as they open. The Pevely tickets sold out in no time. We can't live the rest of our lives in fear. Live free or die.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
    Did the track owners, promoters and series' apply for federal PPP? Do either of them carry business interruption insurance?
    The PPP Loan is good in theory but in actuality not the best.

For example it is based on FTE (Full Time Equivalent Employees) most tracks don't have many if any FTE's so that right there will not get them much of a PPP Loan.

The other problem with the PPP Loan as it relates to self-employed/non payroll individuals is it is based on the business profit. Well for taxes it is my job as a CPA to get the business profit as low as possible in order to mitigate taxes. Then when that self-employed person goes to apply for the PPP Loan they aren't eligible for much .

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Not to mention the states are opening themselves up to lawsuits ......
    How about states allowing some tracks to run, but not others? In NC, Carolina scheduled for Friday night, but were directed to cancel, but Tri-County ran Thursday and 311 Saturday. And in SC, Myrtle Beach and Dillon told they could not run, but Lancaster and Cherokee ran, and Greenville-Pickens is scheduled for this coming weekend. Lawsuits will follow when rules are not the same for everyone.

Note: comments derived from information read elsewhere. There is a good chance there is more to the story.

Were the tracks that got told no trying to run with fans?

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    How about states allowing some tracks to run, but not others? In NC, Carolina scheduled for Friday night, but were directed to cancel, but Tri-County ran Thursday and 311 Saturday. And in SC, Myrtle Beach and Dillon told they could not run, but Lancaster and Cherokee ran, and Greenville-Pickens is scheduled for this coming weekend. Lawsuits will follow when rules are not the same for everyone. Note: comments derived from information read elsewhere. There is a good chance there is more to the story.
    Two things are happening, each county is enforcing it the way that they want or interpret. The other piece is whether or not you have applied and gotten the proper permissions. I run a small Kart track in NC and applied, have permission to run at twenty percent capacity.