Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VooDoo child

Default VooDoo child

Will we see him race this year? Is he healthy enough yet to get back in the car?

Heard it mentioned on one of the broadcasts that he wouldn't race until Bristol...TIFWIW

Thank for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    Heard it mentioned on one of the broadcasts that he wouldn't race until Bristol...TIFWIW
    That could be considered a " home track " to him...

He has had surgery on both hands-carpel tunnel-(spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    He has had surgery on both hands-carpel tunnel-(spelling)
    Possibly Years of working on cars. Sorry to hear about this. He is a legend and I hope he can get back behind the wheel soon.

Don't care if you like him or hate him or somewhere in-between...the race track will not be the same without him on it. I sort of compare him to Dale Sr. It has never been the same without him. We all know his dark side. So what. The guy has done SO much for dirt late model racin. Who ever it is that you root for, you can't tell me you weren't watchin Bloomer during every race. Yep, there are other up and comers to watch, but it will still be a sad day when Bloomer is done, done. Hate to see it, but that day is probably near. Hopefully, he stays close to the sport somehow.

I believe you could also make that point with Chargin Charley Swartz or Black Jack Boggs .Win, lose , or draw , You always knew they were there ! !

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    Don't care if you like him or hate him or somewhere in-between...the race track will not be the same without him on it. I sort of compare him to Dale Sr. It has never been the same without him. We all know his dark side. So what. The guy has done SO much for dirt late model racin. Who ever it is that you root for, you can't tell me you weren't watchin Bloomer during every race. Yep, there are other up and comers to watch, but it will still be a sad day when Bloomer is done, done. Hate to see it, but that day is probably near. Hopefully, he stays close to the sport somehow.
    Yes sir…….This is exactly how I feel about it too……all of us do, even his haters whether they will admit it or not.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    I feel the same. I'd boo him during intros and cheer him wildly in victory lane....and yes I am a fan. He's not my fav, but I am a fan. I miss seeing him at the track and competitive. There will never be another like him. I hope he gets healthy and can return to form sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I believe you could also make that point with Chargin Charley Swartz or Black Jack Boggs .Win, lose , or draw , You always knew they were there ! !
    I really enjoyed seeing those guys race. They were top dawgs too.

Also of note was Freddy Smith. Although he wasn't so noticeable as the others I mentioned. He was so uncanny smooth that you didn't notice as much until the end of a race where he would be right there ! He was kind of like the David Pearson of dirt. When he qualified it looked that he was running in slow motion and you would see that he had just set fast time ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-03-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Also of note was Freddy Smith. Although he wasn't so noticeable as the others I mentioned. He was so uncanny smooth that you didn't notice as much until the end of a race where he would be right there ! He was kind of like the David Pearson of dirt. When he qualified it looked that he was running in slow motion and you would see that he had just set fast time ! !
    Freddy Smith for sure. Mr Bazooka 😁

The David Pearson of dirt is a great analogy…..love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Freddy Smith for sure. Mr Bazooka 
    They were go0d looking cars for sure, both the blue and the orange ones. I have a die cast orange car in my collection. bazOOka ! !

Had bazookas in my jeep back then…….High powered Alpine deck made them very noisy.

They were go0d looking cars for sure, both the blue and the orange ones. I have a die cast orange car in my collection. bazOOka ! !
    Good looking car. Best magazine covers ever with that car 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Good looking car. Best magazine covers ever with that car 
    lol.....that was a subject on the dod drive Home last nite! Rigsby's top three were Bloomers black and white 18, Freddies Bazooka car, and Duvals Flintstone Flyer! Couldnt agree more!

Bloomquist has 18 races scheduled to run this year according to his website starting at Bristol

I'm somewhat of a fan but love him or hate him his record speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    lol.....that was a subject on the dod drive Home last nite! Rigsby's top three were Bloomers black and white 18, Freddies Bazooka car, and Duvals Flintstone Flyer! Couldnt agree more!
    I enjoyed watching that 👍