Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hopefully he gets the help he needs, dude is a whiz at making stuff go fast……..until he starts whizzing on the people he works for.

Sad situation and at some point if this continues the consequences for him will be much worse than just getting fired from a job or hauled off to jail…..I’m not a fan really, but clearly this kid has demons that need addressed and it sux in general to see people kicking themselves in the nuts over and over.
    Somebody somewhere going to TUNE him up for grabbing the wrong cookie is what’s going to happen.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

☝️☝️☝️ agree 💯 on this!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I worked with him for one day at a race. His attitude was something else towards people. Very bossy and you do it his way. No wonder why he only lasted working for my friend for 4 months. Ran off his entire crew.

Everyone thinks there going to change him. He may be a winner for putting cars in victory lane but he always ends up being a LOSER! So many have given him a chance and it's always same result!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He's a good example of talent gets you nowhere. You need the social skills relevent to the industry as well.

What does the house car have that no one else is able to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    What does the house car have that no one else is able to figure out?
    Full time help and thousands of laps of testing, mostly.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 09-08-2023 at 08:41 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Personally Rocket and Mark aren’t exactly on my Christmas card list even though the business empire he’s built and the hard work he and his team have used to build it are overly impressive and deserve every bit of credit they get and then some……however my personal feelings on Hudson are just wow, I mean how do you not love that guy? He’s as real as they get, speaks from his heart and has to be the Apple of his proud fathers and families eye in the way he races and handles himself as a young adult.

If my favorites in the Horns get beat, zero problem with it being by him/them…Well done last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Cody was a consultant for Rocket. He is no longer associated with Rocket1. Caught him stealing money. Whatever he is doing now is on his own. Guy can make a car go fast but the amount of baggage that comes with it is usually not worth it.
    Story down south being told is he was trying to fight employees in the Rocket shop and the money deal was that he was giving out tech support & info and pocketing the money hisself instead of putting it in the business account where it was suppose to be put. bb55 or somebody with more knowledge of the situation than me might can clarify if this is correct or not.

@BBQ - I agree with you 100%. That's exactly how I feel about Rocket and Hud. Every time I see the Rocket 1 out there, I have to remind myself it's Hud behind the wheel. I like B-Shep, but it was harder to get over my dislike for Richards while he was with the team.

All that said, even if I don't like the Rocket 1 team, I do respect what they've accomplished over the years and it's a lot easier not to hate them when they're now the underdog.

I think it's very important for the sport to have more than one top chassis brand, so until Team Zero or someone else steps up, I hope Rocket hangs in there so Longhorn has someone to beat up on.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Story down south being told is he was trying to fight employees in the Rocket shop and the money deal was that he was giving out tech support & info and pocketing the money hisself instead of putting it in the business account where it was suppose to be put. bb55 or somebody with more knowledge of the situation than me might can clarify if this is correct or not.
    Cody fighting someone at rocket, lol……I can’t picture a scenario where that would be a good move for him. Unless Rocket now hires 12 year girls to fab.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    @BBQ - I agree with you 100%. That's exactly how I feel about Rocket and Hud. Every time I see the Rocket 1 out there, I have to remind myself it's Hud behind the wheel. I like B-Shep, but it was harder to get over my dislike for Richards while he was with the team.

All that said, even if I don't like the Rocket 1 team, I do respect what they've accomplished over the years and it's a lot easier not to hate them when they're now the underdog.

I think it's very important for the sport to have more than one top chassis brand, so until Team Zero or someone else steps up, I hope Rocket hangs in there so Longhorn has someone to beat up on.
    We have to be related somehow🤘😂🤘😂🤘😂.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Story down south being told is he was trying to fight employees in the Rocket shop and the money deal was that he was giving out tech support & info and pocketing the money himself instead of putting it in the business account where it was supposed to be. bb55 or somebody with more knowledge of the situation than me might can clarify if this is correct or not.
    This place is the TMZ of Motorsports. Let's never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Some of this boards members are just...well? Lots of opinions about people they don't actually know. Nut-huggers gonna nut-hug though I guess.

I have NO opinion about any of these people. Spoke to Mark maybe half-dozen times over 10-15 years and that was 30ish years ago. Mark is a do'er and not big on talking from my experience. Only thing I remember. Have no experience with any of the others so wouldn't feel comfortable expressing an opinion.

Something something about if you have nothing good to say...but YMMV.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    This place is the TMZ of Motorsports. Let's never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Some of this boards members are just...well? Lots of opinions about people they don't actually know. Nut-huggers gonna nut-hug though I guess. I have NO opinion about any of these people. Spoke to Mark maybe half-dozen times over 10-15 years and that was 30ish years ago. Mark is a do'er and not big on talking from my experience. Only thing I remember. Have no experience with any of the others so wouldn't feel comfortable expressing an opinion. Something something about if you have nothing good to say...but YMMV.
    What is this TMZ thing that you write of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    We have to be related somehow落落落.
    LOL maybe I'm just your sock account. I consider that a compliment. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    We have to be related somehow落落落.
    Totally agree with both of your posts, Hudson is not afraid of showing his true emotions, it takes a big man to show some tears, for example Deer Creek's Gopher 50 this year. And we definitely need more than 1 chassis manufacturer winning all the races.

So new thought on Rocket vs Longhorn.
    Forever basically, Rocket has been able to build car after car while competing against their customers with the Blue 1. Along comes Longhorn and reinvents how to do business, names 1 of their customers the house car, but allows their tech support (whoever that person is), to help their customers more fairly. You know Mark isn't sharing everything with Rocket cars he's racing against. That system might be the main reason for the chassis downward spiral.

Longhorn is racing against their customers, but not to the level that Rocket is cuz the company is fully funding the blue 1

At the end of the day. 95 percent of the chassis jumpers in this sport accomplish nothing by doing so. They will still finish around the same position where they were in brand X or brand Z because that’s where their talent level is. If rockets customer support is running off customers would a guy with a longhorn not be disappointed because his car isn’t as good as the 32 or the 20rt? I’m going to say those 2 camps aren’t sharing information with Einstein Rumley and I’m going to say if the average guy buys a six month old used longhorn they probably don’t give him anything remotely close setup wise to what the heavy hitters are running. That’s just the way the chassis world works.

@Flathead - I pretty much agree with you. The one big exception is Jason Feger. You ask him and his new found competitiveness started last year because he switched to Longhorn. But hey, that happens.

The guys with the best equipment, crew and driver combo win. Right now, most of them seem to be in a Longhorn.

The chassis wars are fun. Horns up! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    So new thought on Rocket vs Longhorn.
    Forever basically, Rocket has been able to build car after car while competing against their customers with the Blue 1. Along comes Longhorn and reinvents how to do business, names 1 of their customers the house car, but allows their tech support (whoever that person is), to help their customers more fairly. You know Mark isn't sharing everything with Rocket cars he's racing against. That system might be the main reason for the chassis downward spiral.

Longhorn is racing against their customers, but not to the level that Rocket is cuz the company is fully funding the blue 1
    Since I don't race, I couldn't say. There certainly could be something to that. I remember an interview with Rumley near the start of the season and he kept saying, "Overton, Davenport, McCreadie" as if they were the main team. Even before the House Car announcement, B-Shep was crediting Rumley for helping him out.

I do like your theory. It could be right. If you are talking about the top drivers, if the guys switching to Longhorn weren't winning, I don't think others would be following suit. If you dominate at Eldora and win Lucas titles, people are going to notice.

I think the worst thing Rocket 1 could have done is try to go head to head with Longhorn on the Lucas tour. When Sheppy had to race the best drivers/cars every week it wasn't any shock they weren't going to win 30 tour races a season. DoD couldn't hide behind the weak competition with their 5hitty polls and say WoO was just as good and Rocket 1 was the greatest. I think that played a big part in people jumping to Longhorn. It's not that Rocket 1 wasn't still winning races, it's that they weren't dominating against top competition on Lucas and Eldora. The truth was out.