Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

didn't know what they were doing either.

The 356-2B engine actualy made 451, 467 and 476 with 3 different carburetors. The same engine with an out of the box generic Blake 7448 and standard 2101 made 421, intake manifold swap #1 436hp, intake #2 - 443hp Carb #1 - 451HP and so on.

As most of you guys on here are much smarter than me and way better engine builders; I will leave you with the thought process that not all vacuum leaks get detected in tech, many of them are not present at idle or while the engine is not under load... and many CUP Daytona wins were achieved and accomplished the same way as this 2-BBl engine is responsible for making its power.

SJ Valley Dave,
    You are obviously way smarter than me because I try and learn at least one new thing wherever I go. Even though I am not that smart, I have even learned enough to work on my 2 sets of Triple adjustable Penskes, that were built for me back in 1990's. Wonder why you would ever want a third adjustment??? Could it be that there is something more important to the car than compression and rebound?

Something beheaded my last post oh well, here is most of it again...

The 356"-2B engine was a small bore, big stroke, 5"rod narrow, lobe separation intake advanced to hell and back 94* ICL. I was making a comment on the 2012 Ford that won EngineMasters that was pretty close to the same recipe and some of their theory behind it was similar to my thought process 20 years ago when I started on 2-bbls. I guess them dumba$$es don't know much either.
    If you want more information on the Ford, check this months EngineMasters mag.

matt49.
    I also stated that I have never done business with or talked bad about Bill Hendrens on this board or any other. I respected his right to his opinions and still think everybody on here is entitled to their opinions also.

I have made numerous mistakes in spelling and keystrokes on here and when pointed out I have corrected them. I don't see how making a simple mistake about words per minute or carb casting numbers or flow bench numbers makes you a liar. I have worked pretty hard to get stuff corrected before I post it because of all of the folks out there that want to tear you a new one every time you come up with something a little different that all the rest. Oh well that is how it goes I guess.

Sorry you were offended by my claims on only finding a few decent drivers to deal with over a 35 year period. I just said what I meant to say, most are self promoting prima donnas that don't have a clue about what it takes to get it done in racing. Like I said, I have only seen a limited few that puts their parents, team, crew before themselves and it is reflected in their driving resumes, info-packets, portfolios and websites...I have had thousands sent to me and that is my thoughts on the matter. I will list a couple as you might know them, Jon Kerley, Kevin Belmont, Wally Schweizer, David Elliott, Ryan Bowman, Roger Adkins, Dave Davis, Vince Whitmire, Jonathan Buckner, Bobby Dauderman, Kyle Bridges, Chris McKeehan...I am sure there is a couple more and I'll add them as I remember who they are.

If this offends you then it is obvious to me which group you are in. Like I said, you answered your own question in your original post. There would not be a reason for you to want to do business with me.

As far as finding or having help I recieve 20-30 resumes a month from top quality people that want to intern with me...yes that means work for free to get experience. Where else could you go to learn how to work on and run a SERDI, Flow-Bench, Chassis and engine dyno and do all of that in one week, because I don't hold back on folks when they help me. I have been on the list at a some of the Motorsports and Engine Building schools for the last 10 years and have had 50 or more folks come thru my shop and most of them have had great success in the race industry.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post

I don't see how making a simple mistake about words per minute or carb casting numbers or flow bench numbers makes you a liar.
    You are a liar.

Bill and I both tried to buy products from you on this here open forum so we could confirm you claimed reports and you refused to sell to both of us. Youve denied that since then because the old threads are gone forever do to the re format of this forum.

I have asked how many times now for your address now so I can send you a check for $250 for 12 of your super oil filters and you havent posted it yet. So again you are refusing to sell to me.......... If your not then post the address here and post how much rwhp I should see on the chassis dyno compared to my wix filter.................

Youve been caught in so many lies on here a guy would need a book to keep track.

@ Dynoman...Never said I was smarter than you, or that I didn't need to learn things...I just didn't need you to tell me that I should, as I pick Chris's brain and some of the other guys @ Victory Circle everytime I'm in their facility..I try and learn something/anything everytime I'm at a track or manufacturing shop...Here is a great link to some discussion about 7448 carb and 2101 intakes and supposed 470 hp engines! LOL http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31276 The guys at Speedtalk didn't take too seriously Dynoman/Raceman's 450-470 hp numbers...
    Last edited by sj valley dave; 06-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Doesnt look to me like there are that many informed folks on that site, cast iron to alum is 21#, vortec mercruiser cast iron 2 barrel, intake out flows the 2101 dyno is talking about by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    @ Dynoman...Never said I was smarter than you, or that I didn't need to learn things...I just didn't need you to tell me that I should, as I pick Chris's brain and some of the other guys @ Victory Circle everytime I'm in their facility..I try and learn something/anything everytime I'm at a track or manufacturing shop...Here is a great link to some discussion about 7448 carb and 2101 intakes and supposed 470 hp engines! LOL http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31276 The guys at Speedtalk didn't take too seriously Dynoman/Raceman's 450-470 hp numbers...
    that was funny right there!!

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Doesnt look to me like there are that many informed folks on that site, cast iron to alum is 21#, vortec mercruiser cast iron 2 barrel, intake out flows the 2101 dyno is talking about by a lot.
    Re: Flow numbers for sbc 2 bbl intakes vs. 2101 Edelbrock?
    by raceman14 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 am

Exactly, if you get a manifold that is 5% better on flow you will see power numbers up by almost that much because the intake is the next choke in line in most 2-bbl engines. If you really want to know whats happening you can mount the carb and spacer to the intake and mount the header or manifold to the head.

You better have a sturdy offset flow fixture cause cast iron stuff will weigh over 100# and you don't want all that tumbling to the ground when you are opening an closing the valves.

BTW, there is not a 2-bbl cast intake that is anywhere close to the flow of a 2101. Why would you even consider it as there is a 30-40# advantage to an aluminum intake anyway.
    More is always better!!! Most of the time.
    raceman14
    Pro

You do know that raceman14 over there is our beloved dynoman14 over here!..So if you are arguing the flow and weight of the 2bbl and 2101 manifolds, , you are arguing with dyno...I think in this NASCAR class they have to run 2101 intakes with the 7448 carb...

Default web site

I took the time to go to your web site. the newest date I found was 2009 by the webmaster and that you were moving to a new shop and still no update on that. Web site says working on 2008 seaon, well we are racing in 2012 now. I would think that in the last four years without a dyno I have found more horsepower by trial and error than you have. The one thing I noticed was there was no controlled envirment for the dyno therefore I would throw it all away. How about some pictures of the new shop and its address.

"As far as the difference in the HP numbers, I will start a thread on that and explain to the 4m folks how 2 Chassis Dyno's that would seem to be similar, can be so different."
    I could care less about "differences" in chassis dyno numbers. What I do care about is if you claim to make X amount of power with some item you "produce", then that X amount of power should show up on my ever so inferior chassis dyno as well (i.e. If you claim 15rwhp from an oil filter, then that same number should show up when I test it)

"Steve,
    I had no idea there was another Hendren doing ARCA engines??? I thought it was you guys. I thought the person I talked to in VA looked different than the one I met at Charlotte. No, biggie I guess I did not talk to your dad at an ARCA race, it was not a lie, just an honest mistake, how would I know there was multiple Hendrens building race engines I had never even heard the name til I met the guy at the track."
    Just stop implying that you ever even met my father please. It's actually quite annoying to myself and my family. The fact is that my father never went to any race track in VA other than Wythe, and never went to any race track in CLT other than the dirt track....which was long before we ever built a crate engine. Basically what I gather from reading your BS, is you thought since he was gone and I've not been on here, you could drop his name in conversation and get away with it.

"As far as on the phone, I did identify myself as Mark. I am sure your dad did not know me or even care who I was for that matter. Our quick conversation was about a minute and related to the heads on the engine Kenny Harriss's crew members were picking up. I ended up trading Royce a 650HP carburetor called " Atom-Smasher" for those heads, as he purchased a new set for Shannon's engine they picked up from you. The were overheated at one time or other so I welded them up between the exhaust seats and angle milled the heads to 45ccs and installed them on an "outlaw" crate engine that makes about 550HP with an ASA cam, and my outlaw 1.250" springs. That engine has won numerous limited and super races for the last 2 years. That engine would be ASA legal if I had not milled the heads so far. Good ASA engines are close to 500HP with small balancer, shorter oil pan, bigger cam and better springs and lifters."
    Angle milled to 45cc's? Impressive! Not bad for an aluminum head with a deck thickness like a Vortec cast iron head. That must have taken some welding

"As far as Royce goes I have known him since he ran his pavement car at Lanier and when he was winning regularly at Peach State Speedway ,now Gresham as my shop was about a mile from the track. He had no clue who dynoman14 was as he did not even know my stuff was on his car. Kenny Harriss the owner was paying the bills and buying the parts and was pretty tight about all of his information, he told me all the driver needed to know was to get in the car and drive. Cool with me, most drivers I have ever met are pompous braggards and self-centered individuals although I have met a couple in 35 years that are pretty decent."
    Sorry but I need to add a quote below this and change up the order of your original post.

"You can ask Royce at any race you go to who was there at almost every dyno session his crate stuff went thru as I provided break-in oil, filters, springs and carburetors for him the season he won the Fastrak Championship."
    I think you contradicted yourself within the same post, which is rare because usually it takes you a few posts to do that. Yes people, please ask Royce!!! Odds are he'll laugh and know I put you up to it since Dynoman is a long standing joke between the two of us.

"Whenever there was a concern about pavement crates Scott Sutherland would bring the top 3 cars to my shop and put the cars in lock-down until we ran them Sunday morning. My shop was located in Scott Sutherlands' front yard. The BellSouth sponsorship for Scott and Steven Christian came from a marketing friend of my wife who put together the RacingYellow pages BellSouth used to publish. She has been and is still employed there after 35 years now ATT. They are still pretty big into racing like 100million range, they are in it different like F-1, IndyCar, NASCAR and they are technologically imbedded.

Kinda funny how I posted about that foil hat traction control story a couple years ago...most of you folks scoffed at it well the background is this. I was in charge of an R&D venture with BellSouth and Domino's Pizza before caller ID was launched to the public. We did the testing in my region SE USA, and once the beta test worked BellSouth launched it 2 years later. Believe it or not that same program group launched the beta test in NASCAR only a few years later with Sattellite transpondence to Cellular and USB to launch what is known as Cingulars' Nascar in Car and the new offering of in car actual data over the internet and cel.

Kinda funny how racing and technology is such a small and interconnected world..."
    Ok I have no clue WTF this has to do with anything???

"What about cutting into the cylinder head past the seat with the Newen cutters? Is that legal to do per Fastrak or NeSmith rules???"
    It's very illegal to cut past the valve seat on any crate head that must go by the GM book. I'd highly suggest that you tear down any engine you suspect of this that is FASTRAK or NeSmith sealed in front of a certified FASTRAK or NeSmith tech man, and have that engine builder banned for life from one or both series!! There are specific rules for valve seat I.D. on the intake and exhaust that should make this offense much easier to find.

BTW my last offer still stands to any of the 600+ 4M Dynoman customers out there. Just read back up this thread a bit and you can see my offer. In fact.......I'm willing to sweeten the deal!!!! Taking into account my inferior chassis dyno, I'm willing to make the same exact offer to ANYONE who can show even 1/2 (one half) of the HP gain from the purchase of ANY Dynoman "produced" product!! I'm telling you....it's money in the bank if you believe in the "products"! There has to be at least 1 in 600+ that wants easy cash......
    Last edited by Steve_Hendren; 06-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hendren.racingengines
    https://www.facebook.com/HendrenRacingEnginesInc
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

Default dynoman14 you are no Smokey Yunick

I went to dm14 other post and I noticed that he must have read Smokey Yunicks autobiography because I think it could be plagerism [spelling?] dm14 talks about a spinatron its was a tool that smokey built. at the time Smokey built three of them said they were way to exspensive to build wonder where dm14 got one of those. I bet dynoman14 has even looked for oil in a tropical rain forest. Smokey Yunick is my idle and I have read many of his articles and engine building books, and dynoman14 you are no Smokey Yunick. When I was young my Grandpa was developing a engine that not one part ever stopped moving and I remember listening to many phone calls to Smokey with help on getting it patented. I also remember the day I got to meet him in person like it was yesterday.

Cool Sorry hendren but .................................................

You are busted.i have solid proof hendren racing engines sold a blueprinted crte engine to a guy in new jersey for $ 7,000.i called fastrak and they said blueprinting is not allowed period and that they would look into it.7 grand for what ? You are not allowed to do squat to the engine !!!! B u s t e d

Quote Originally Posted by stryker View Post
    You are busted.i have solid proof hendren racing engines sold a blueprinted crte engine to a guy in new jersey for $ 7,000.i called fastrak and they said blueprinting is not allowed period and that they would look into it.7 grand for what ? You are not allowed to do squat to the engine !!!! B u s t e d
    LOL!!! Come on dude, you've been trying to pass this off for years now........BUSTED!!

06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
    Thread: Hendren Racing Engines
    by stryker Replies
    Views
    hendrens
    good builder but deceptive practices.selling "BLUEPRINTED" crate engines ? according to series president that is illegal.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

Default Hendrens

Thats what i thought hendrens.last name oliver ring a bell ? You are not allowed to blueprint an engine per fastrak.you clowns should be kicked off fastrak for a repair center.

Default Hendrens

How about an answer ? I have proof you sold it.if it was 2 years ago so what ? Admit you did it fool.

How about an answer ? I have proof you sold it.if it was 2 years ago so what ? Admit you did it fool.
    Blue printing is legal. So long as they dont go over the allowable tollerances there is no way to dq or enforce a no blue printing rule in any series period that allows repairs and their own seals.

Cool Blueprinting

Blueprinting is not legal !!!! Per the tech guys and president of fastrak.why would hendren sell a crate for 7 grand if it wasnt cheated up ???? Who would buy a run of the mill crate for 7 gs ? Thats what i thought as usual.

Blueprinting is not legal !!!! Per the tech guys and president of fastrak.why would hendren sell a crate for 7 grand if it wasnt cheated up ???? Who would buy a run of the mill crate for 7 gs ? Thats what i thought as usual.
    Lots of people buy blue printed crates because they make more power and are legal. Just cus you cant afford one doesnt make them illegal.

Quit posting your wasting space with your stupidity.

Dang.....someone woke up with their grumpy pants on today. I’d suggest some meds asap! We wouldn’t want you to be absent from posting on 4M for another 2 years. Your question was answered 2 years ago on here, so I suggest you move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by pieman View Post
    Fastrack
    do u still sponser the series...
    do u still use acid ported&shotpeened Brezinski heads
    how bout the cams are they still way too big?
    Are these parts the main reason those Fastrack crate motors wont pass in the north east & a few other locations?
    Please back up your funny allegations with FACTS (i.e. Anywhere where it say’s I’ve sponsored the FASTRAK series, the name of anyone in the North East or any other location in the US that has been called illegal with one of my engines, in any series). You kinda sound like someone else we know when you throw stuff on a message board without backing it up. LOL!

Wow!!! The HAND PUPPET’S have come out of the woodwork now!! LOL! BTW my offer still stands ;-)
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by pieman View Post
    Fastrack
    do u still sponser the series...
    do u still use acid ported&shotpeened Brezinski heads
    how bout the cams are they still way too big?
    Are these parts the main reason those Fastrack crate motors wont pass in the north east & a few other locations?
    These aren't allegations??? LOL What are they?? You are alleging that they use illegal cams, heads and provide engines that do not pass tech...Jeez dude...look at the word in Websters...

accuse all ya want to,..hendren's motors been teched at several north an south carolina an virgina tracks i know of an NEVER been found illegal!!! matter of fact there so well respected thats where most crate motors round here get sent to to be checked when protested,...blue printing ant illegal ether,..just every part got set specs to be within,...id (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure not want a motor put together that has not been measured in every way 3 times forward an backwards!! only people that dont like a hendren motor are gettin beat by hendren motors....