Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    You are probably right. If bloomer has the money to purchase a rig. Then by all means he can go right ahead. There are stretches he still struggles and stretches he dominates. Just like before without the rig.
    I am one of those people that believes the pull down rig is of limited usefulness, but Bloomer is in the infancy of using it. So who knows?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

There will never be parity in racing no matter how hard people try to make it that way, you can't make drivers use 50% or even 75% of their talent to even the field, guys like Bloomquist are always ahead of the game or you get behind

yep like coming up light or forgetting your tool box lol

Question Racing is expensive, How Fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Maybe some kind of a chassis dyno? He is a chassis builder and that is a work shop.

Is it cost saving when Longhorns are built on CAD through an engineering program? Guys just aren't buying tubing and a bender anymore and welding it

I'd be more interested in finding out who took this photo and how it got "leaked".
    GRT built cars using engineering programs back in 1995 using stress analysis and the works...
    Rayburn used D!ck Anderson(Engineer) of Carrera shocks to design the canti-lever suspension in 80's.

And yes it is cost saving to use CAD to design fixtures and race cars instead of costly trial and error. Doesn't mean it'll work better though, but the odds improve. Super Late Model is the elite end of the spectrum, its expensive and will only get more so as time marches on. Racers should focus more on learning how to attract sponsors and being smarter about suspension instead of crying and moaning for rules to force the rest of the world to race on their budget. When did racers quit trying to come up with their own ideas instead of just buying one. The same mentality keeps people on welfare and food stamps, buck up and be what an American use to be, instead of a giving in to a social assistance mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Excuse Litey. He gets jealous of others success rather easy.
    Some people (Bloomer) work for what they have, and others pull the Slipping Jimmy routine on St. Louis sidewalks when they're not posting 300 times a day on here dogging someone else's success.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I am one of those people that believes the pull down rig is of limited usefulness, but Bloomer is in the infancy of using it. So who knows?
    I talked to a guy last night that said the same thing as you say here. He said these things arent as useful unless a guy has the time and know of these high dollar data acquisition deals. Which then a guy needs to do a lot of testing.....again more money.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    some people (bloomer) work for what they have, and others pull the slipping jimmy routine on st. Louis sidewalks when they're not posting 300 times a day on here dogging someone else's success.
    yep cheat your way thru life its the american way and far as the sidewalk well if somebody would 've done there job there wouldn't been says the lawyer for st louis city

Dyno must be working... wup those woo boys last week and swept em in ohio this week

I thought a pull down rig was an oak tree and a port-o-power...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I thought a pull down rig was an oak tree and a port-o-power...
    Still is. Believe me. We've done that somewhat recently. Sometimes you also have to start it up and use reverse also. Lol

Tommy Hicks tweeted the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    Tommy Hicks tweeted the pic.
    The fake one... not the real one.

I think the original poster Davis(something) is just trying to stir the B.S. I saw in the archives him doing the same thing about something else with Bloomer.

MDF,

We must live on the poor side of town... across the tracks... down in the boondocks.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

As someone who works with push up rig (cup team's version of a pull down rig) and 7post on a weekly basis, I can tell you that I see nothing special going on there. It looks like nothing more than a surface plate and some scale pad stands. He is just using a surface plate to get everything as level and accurate as possible. Then he has some lasers it looks like to get alignment measurements. I don't see much for hydraulics going on in the picture. And if you were doing a pull down work you would want your scale pads mounted where they couldn't move. Those pad stands are just sitting on 6 pedestals like every cup team uses at the track each week, they are free to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    MDF,

We must live on the poor side of town... across the tracks... down in the boondocks.
    lol. I live in town. He lives out in the boondocks where no one would see.
    A couple chains, a porta power and a come along. Sit back and watch the magic.

Pierce doesn't have a calibrated surface plate, dyno or a pull down jig and he wins races. He does have a port-a-power! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Wow....you guys would really get yer panties wadded up if you knew top teams are also spending time in wind tunnels! Because they are.
    They've been in the wind tunnel for over ten years. Randle Chupp, Bernheisel, were two of the first I knew of.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Some of the resident blowhards on 4M provide the hot air for a number of wind tunnels! LOL!

Seems a lot of people want to make something exotic out of a pull down rig. All they are is a way to put side force on your center of gravity and scales to read the difference in wheel weights, while doing this. This, if used right, can tell you the balance of a car at any degree of a corner or even straight a way. It can tell you the changes in balance, with higher or lower center of gravity. Just like any other tool, they are only as good as the person using it. This is nothing new. Drag racers where using something similar as far back as the late 60s to get equal traction on the rear wheels.