Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Why do you think CRB had the BW's in the first place ? It was because the Davenport/BW combo was flying at the time and CBR went after both of them.JD didn't just show up with a helment back then,he was at the shop everyday and was instrumental in the progress the chassis made.They understand each other very well and will be fast in a very short time,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Goincircles called a spade a spade. The JD hype is over boys. JD is a cool cat but is very hard on equipment. What major races did he win when he was with Barry before? They had something big in 2015 but when Lucas made them take it off they were just a top 5 car. I hate he won't be running the series full time because that's another fast car that won't be there to make it interesting. Like him or not, when the cushion is there he will put you to the edge of your seat. I'm telling you fellas, this is a bad move but maybe the only opportunity he had? I wish him luck and driving for Barry is better than working a 9-5. Scott may win 20 races next year with JD out but we will all miss Essex screaming hear comes superman! Kinda sad really

Shooting from the hip here, but I think JD won the Whynot Fall Classic, the Cotton Pickin or Magnolia 100, and the National 100 driving for Barry. Maybe the Blue Gray. I get it you don't like Davenport, but the guy has run good for about the last 5 years. He didn't win all those races with Barry on the cushion either. The same folks that dog Bobby Pierce (who started off catfishing u till a couple years ago) usually love to dog Davenport. They're usually flat wrong on both counts.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Necrosis, he said 2011 nothing of 2014. Rayburn racecars used to dominate and now can't get out of their own way. You need to get out of the past and see the world for once my guy!
    I can promise my view of the "World" vastly exceeds your's. Pun intended.

Zyoung, I really don't remember the BWRC being the cars to beat. Not being a dik, but I really don't remember that. I know alotta guys down south ran em and ran good but did they win the major series championships? I know as of late they havnt been the best but can still win. I like Barry but he is a little behind right now
    Maybe i worded that worded that wrong, but it's awfully funny that other people got what I was saying and you didnt. Those cars weren't even on the map until Jd won a bunch of races in them, regionally or whatever. The word got around quick the Wrights back. There were none in my area up until that time, so why else would there if someone wasn't winning in them?
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-31-2016 at 12:37 AM.

2010.....24 wins

2011.......17 wins

Last edited by K1ngCat; 10-31-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Ive said it in previous posts. Davenport only seems to run good at the end of the year at places like Cherokee, whynot, charlotte etc. Seems like he really started that trend in 2010 with Barry, that kind of went away when he got hooked up with CBR but seems like everyones good runs go away when they go to CBR.

So with Davenport officially leaving the Rumley's for next year, is there anything defintative on the future of the K&L Mostorsports or just rumors at this point....I have to believe the Labonte's and Longhorn chassis would give some kind of support to Kevin for all he has done to grow the chassis company, even if it is on the regional level????

Lee Roy Rumley has been involved with dirt racing since his brother Johnny began campaigning cars in the 1950s. He and his son set a goal of a national title, chased it with Davenport, and achieved their goal. Now they will spend more time in the porch rocker but will, likely, still have a 6 car for a local hot shoe.
    Barry Wright is a chassis manufacturer so his purpose with Davenport is most likely a means of advertising his cars as much as anything else. What better "test driver" could one get?
    One of Barry's former employees looks as if he will be stepping up for bigger and better things and made a pretty good showing at Charlotte by winning and finishing second in the two races. He is as good a setup man as there is in the pits so I wish him success in the big show. Got a brand new toter home and stacker too!

Excuse me, I believe the brother was Jimmy Rumley.

You guys forgetting about that black and white #18 BWRC! It was the dominant car in the mid to late 90's!

Bloomers the guy that put Barry on the map!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    actually a rayburn can be competive under the right conditions and the right driver
    Bloomquist on a tacky track, I agree!!!!

wasn't even thinking of him and when are having your date with bloomer you know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    You guys forgetting about that black and white #18 BWRC! It was the dominant car in the mid to late 90's!Bloomers the guy that put Barry on the map!
    Idk about that...there was a guy named Buck Simmons that drove for Barry before Scott. He did ok. lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

those cars were night and day of what they are today

those cars were night and day of what they are today
    Thank you Mr Obvious.

wasn't even thinking of him and when are having your date with bloomer you know you want to
    And you know what you need too right?

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Thank you Mr Obvious.
    Oh my, you just gave him a clue for what his next username could be!!!

Ole buck done good for barry, theres no doubt, but i have to agree with 25jr, bloomer put him on the map, and i guess you could say, every one else he drove for. love him or hate him, its the truth......

Why does it matter who put who on the map? He's 65 years old and been in business 40 years,longer than Davenport even been alive. The man loves what he does and has worked with the best of the best in our sport, and that includes Davenport.
    Last edited by dirtfanbob; 10-31-2016 at 07:59 PM.

That 18 car had a teammate that wasn't too shabby either