Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soft right front spring

When setting ride Ht and bite should I have the RF adjuster turned so far down I can't turn it anymore or should I pickup it more with LF spring and turn more in LR. RF seems way to stiff with all the turn in it. 400 LBS spring.

if you crank in more LF and LR, then you can potentially change your cross % depending on turns you put in. If you are setting ride height, you set your fronts together, go back and forth between them until both are set at proper height. then adjust your rears for cross % as best as possible. Recheck fronts after setting rears.

edit: updated as my brain wasn't working.
    Last edited by dualdj1; 07-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.

how are you gaining LS% just by adjusting the lf and lr adjusters

Can't change % with coilovers, have to move weight to do that.If your rears wheels weigh 1000 lbs and screw coilovers down a ft.same wheel weight.

so if i go from 60lbs of bite to 180lbs of bite by applying turns, that i wont adjust the left side percent in the car? I agree that big swings in percents cant happen with just turns, but i know for a fact you can create 1.5% swings without changing weight position...

A 400lbs spring in the rf sounds awfully big to have preloaded a ton to make it to stiff so i would look into what you are doing with your left rear, make sure it is preloaded, you want to create your bite with your left rear spring

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
    so if i go from 60lbs of bite to 180lbs of bite by applying turns, that i wont adjust the left side percent in the car? I agree that big swings in percents cant happen with just turns, but i know for a fact you can create 1.5% swings without changing weight position...

A 400lbs spring in the rf sounds awfully big to have preloaded a ton to make it to stiff so i would look into what you are doing with your left rear, make sure it is preloaded, you want to create your bite with your left rear spring
    Any gain on the LR would add RF and come of off the LF and RR, You can not change weight %'s without changing weight location. You can put stiffer springs in and crank the LR and RF down until the LF and RR were off of the ground and the left side and rear %'s would still be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Any gain on the LR would add RF and come of off the LF and RR, You can not change weight %'s without changing weight location. You can put stiffer springs in and crank the LR and RF down until the LF and RR were off of the ground and the left side and rear %'s would still be the same.
    You absolutely do effect weight % by adjusting the spring pre-load/ride height and spring rates. And depending on what you do, determines how and what.... It may not make a noticable or significant change in the % that you see when making larger changes such as sliding over the battery, or moving a piece of ballast, but it does change it.

To add to what 4banger said. If you simply raise the LF and LR up (evenly), it will not add LS%, it will simply raise the LS ride height. But it will effect rake in the J-Bar, side to side, and shock/spring angle which has a minute change in spring rate..

Later,

WV Race Fan
    Last edited by WV_Race_Fan; 07-22-2012 at 01:31 AM.

ego is right you can NOT change left or rear % without moving lead. you can only change your cross % and lr bite with weight jacks.

so the only way to go from 55% rear to 54% is to move weight, not by adjusting coilovers?

Correct, you can only change left or rear % by physically moving weight in the car, you cannot adjust coil overs to adjust left or rear percent. Coil overs only change ride ht and cross weight or lr bite.

Correct,i tried that once.

If you guys use scales just look at the LS %...You can crank preload all around, but the LS% doesn't change...

Hot dog what size spring do you have in the RF I been down as low as 300 and still had room to adjust.

Default Spring

400 lbs RF 250 lbs LR with room to ajust on left rear.

If you are adjusting coilover nuts and seeing it change your left side and/or rear percentages, one of two things is happening:
    1) your scales are junk
    2) you're doing the math wrong

Let me rephrase is your RF spring a 10" or 12"

are you using a drop shock mount rf lower? if so that is probably the reason the rf is preloaded. the shock is fully extended at ride height and when you jack the car up it can not drop to unload the spring, if you don’t want the spring preloaded and have the clearance try adding a 1" extension to the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    ego is right you can NOT change left or rear % without moving lead. you can only change your cross % and lr bite with weight jacks.

yeah that's what i was thinking of, sorry for the confusion. fixed my first post since my brain overloaded
    Last edited by dualdj1; 07-23-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Not trying to change % just seem like I have turn the ajuster down to far. The dropped lower maybe it . Also it's 12" spring .

in that case you may just need a longer spring.