Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    You cant just blame creates and limited. The real reason

1. Its the cost of getting one and up keep.
    2. Payout for weekly shows are way to low on the bottom end.
    3.promoters and promoting
    4. Track owners/prepping

5. The people, you raise the weekly price people start crying, But yet they want supers weekly for $10-20 per adult, $5 for kids get in gate. Ass hole people at tracks. People left tracks don't return because of them. Not getting new people to come but that falls under promoters and track.

6. Finding enough sponsors to piss money away on it.

You talking about 7 super, wait until you only have 7 limited or creates showing up. What are you going blame it on then. How people talk down on create and limited every track should have 20-40 weekly. Wait there not, because people can't really afford that any more as well. It feaking cost 30k to run against top super stocks. Sorry creates not the problem, the problem started before that no one wanted do anything about then, no one doing anything about it now. I think so laugh able hear a national team cry about how much it costs when they are the ones push the price tag up.
    Pretty much sums it up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Pretty much sums it up right there.
    When Pros are the only ones who can afford too buy one only pros will race one. Its not the class, its how much. they are all costing to much now. Mods are way down at a lot of tracks cause some will spend 30 grand on one and most cant. When the little guy has NO chance to win they will stop racing.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Big Ten Series
    and the big ten series has the payout of the 4 cylinder class from 5th place on back.....

I am by no means a tech guy, but just wonder if a good start would be to get rid of the front nose piece that is not a part of the body. The front flares that come up over the wheels have to be adding a lot of aero. Go back to the front end being a continuous part of the body with no nose piece bolted on. That and chopping the spoiler some would seem a relatively cheap place to start solving some of these problems. By no means would those things solve all, just may get things going in a better direction.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Been that way here in Georgia and the Carolinas for more than a decade. Limited is hanging by a thread here and 604 crates are giving way to 602 crates(which I loathe). They've let the rules get way out of hand for way too long and so now we are here. All the fans see are crazy fast cars, but don't realize the costs involved to do all that, in money, in time and in specialized equipment. Things were better, in my view, after the NDRA died, but before Hav A Tampa got going. The rules were decentralized so guys stayed more to their own region and the competition was less concentrated so an average guy could still run and hope to do ok. During those years we got 220+ cars to the World 100 every year. I won't waste my time arguing it anymore with anybody, but I believe rolling back some rules and changing a few things could make late models viable again, but as long as you can hook up 900 HP, money will rule the day. The wedge nearly killed the sport before, today's cars are pretty much Wedge 2.0. I am sorry to hear about any tracks closing, its hard to get them back once their gone in our current regulatory environment.
    Myself and a few others were complaining (a few) years ago, the direction late models were heading. We seen the writing on the wall. I started calling them the #ModernDayWedge a couple years ago. More people have started noticing lately but is it too late? Also It really doesn’t matter unless the people in position to make changes start noticing. Those people are blind to the fact once the class is dead as a “weekly” class it’s going to affect their product.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Default Welcome to the, "Next Level"...

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Probably the best solution to the problem right here but will they ever do it before it's to late?
    I doubt it. In my view DLM is going to eventually de-couple from weekly racing all together, becoming only a touring venture. Hopefully something simpler and cheaper to run and maintain could/should replace it. I've pretty much said my goodbyes. The problem is we have 2 major sanctioning bodies writing rules around elite teams and then dictating those same rules to the rest of us, with no consideration on the expense gap. 20 years ago everyone was clamoring about taking DLM to the, "Next Level", TV and big sponsors would be the norm. Well we are there and the only ones to make out are the fans, the blue collar joe racer was left at the station. You can't have a single nationwide class with Nasar-esque teams at one end and Johnny 50 hr a week job and a family at the other and it last. The spread is too much to cover...
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Open late models are mainly a touring class nowadays. The future of weekly dirt late models is crate/limited late models.