Default Power Steering Reservoir

What fluid are most of you using in your reservoir on a standard aluminum power steering pump? I had someone once tell me to use the same oil you dump in your motor. Never tried it out.

Also, silly question probably but how full are these things supposed to be. I hate leaky reservoirs just about as much as I hate dropping $100 on a nice one that doesn't leak. I've tried filling below the return line, above the return, almost completely full, and anything in between. Is there an actual recommended method?

THANKS!

Use power steering fluid. We have used that for years on various KRC aluminum pumps and had zero problems...Why would you put engine oil in a power steering system??

use powersteering fluid only ,it sounds like the gasket in your resevoir cap needs tobe replaced.

I bought a brand new tank last season and it started leaking after 2 races. Is there a rule of thumb on how much fluid should be in the tank?

I have always filled it 2/3 of the way up to allow for expansion. I use cheap power steering fluid and have never had any problems with leakage or performance issues.

I use one of those cheep reservoirs from Speedway, fill it to just below the return line. Every since it was new it leaked.

Keep the fluid below the return and bend the locking tabs on the cap or tank for
    tighter fit.

I use an oval craft tank with no problems. Have filled to top before with no problems

Default tank

PRC's are good too. I had the firewall mounted ones and they work really well, they have a baffle in them to prevent foaming, and blowing out oil.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.