Default 602 crate coolant washer

I want to do away with the thermostat, was wondering what size washer I should run?

I use a 7/8" restrictor, some remove all the guts from the thermostat that it comes with and use that.

Go to Stewarts Pumps web site and go thru the tech and questions areas and read up. Free info that works on crates to supers and save you money!

Everything on stewarts site works great. I run a 180* race stat in the spring and fall. Hot summer months I use nothing in the housing. Almost never get over 190*. Eric

No restrictor here either.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Restrictors were for inadiquate pumps to try to stop cavitation NOT to slow the movement of coolant. Newer pumps do this all on there own. With new pump designs and pulleys slowing the pumps to the correct RPM range the restrictor is exactly that it restricts flow and actually can cause heating problems by keeping hot water in the engine and not allowing it to go to the radiator where it can be transfered to the air. A good pump (the stock 602 pump is much better than the old style chevy pump with stamped impellers), pulleys to keep pump speed in the 6-7000 rpm range max, and an aluminum single pass radiator is all you need if it is done correctly.

Im also haveing over heating problems with my 602. I brought it home and took the neck off and it has not restrictions. The temp gauge say its over heating but i have no steam or no over flow. Also im running a serpetine setup with no tensioner so could the belt be sliping. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemod View Post
    Im also haveing over heating problems with my 602. I brought it home and took the neck off and it has not restrictions. The temp gauge say its over heating but i have no steam or no over flow. Also im running a serpetine setup with no tensioner so could the belt be sliping. thanks
    Not a 602 but I was running 255* with no steam or overflow. Temp light didn't come on. It didn't do it until I spun out and motor shut off and temp jumped to 270.