Default Holley Ultra HP 750?

Anyone have any experiences with the new ULTRA HP from Holley. I run a limited Late Model series and our rules state that we can run any 750, of course it must pass gauge. 358ci SHP being built with all the good stuff, carb will sit on a Edelbrock 2925 port matched to DART heads but as cast. Full roller 12.5 comp. with 112 fuel. 1/2 mile track with D21 spec tires.
    Look forward to inputs and opinions...Thanks

I've got a ultra hp done by jdr. VERY nice carb. Alot more features than a standard holley. Very light as well.

That's what I would suggest doing too. Not only do you get a better carb from a custom builder, you then have someone you can reach easily with questions if they arise not a 1 hour wait time and voice directory.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    I've got a ultra hp done by jdr. VERY nice carb. Alot more features than a standard holley. Very light as well.
    Could you eleborate on "JDR" Also, how does he/they tune it off the engine....assuming he will need a lot of input from engine specs?

http://jdrperformance.com/
    yes he will need your engine specs. mine was spot on when we dynoed. didnt even need a jet change.

I just spoke with John at JDR performance! Awesome, picked up the phone, dialed, and John answered, good start so far. Thanks for the input stockcar5.

I've had good luck with AED if you're using holleys and they do nice work on the 750 and are local to you I believe. The Ultra is a good piece with all the adjustable metering block, PV restrictor, Air bleeds, etc, that's where they will need to know what setup you're running to help tune to it, JDR is great as well. If you can run any look into a Willys if your not 100% stuck on Holley

We are lucky to have several top notch carb builders today. JDR, BLP, Willy's, Braswell, AED are all good and they are several more I'm sure.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

How about C&S from St Charles MO.? Anyone ever deal with them?

Nope, but I'll put another vote for JDR.

Out of the box all I did was half turn up the idle. Been perfect!!!
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

I switched to JDR last year and have been extremely happy with Johns products and service.