Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fuel pump rod?

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Gray honestly you deserve punched in the face for telling people run run a bypass regulator and return with a block mount
    Pump. A cv block mount pump is run to a deadhead style before the fuel log and you DONT use a return line with that kind of pump. What he just posted is not only wrong but it's dangerous
    Ran ours with a bypass all year, no problems! Glad I made it through the danger unscathed!

What regulator are you guys running with a cv pump?

The correct regulator is the CV Products/ Spin dead head style regulator. A dead head style holds the fuel back until the correct pressure is reached. A bypass regulator has a bleed jet inside of it that is always bypassing fuel and then the diaphragm opens at idle. I don't really understand why on earth " talon " would pay top dollar to have his engines done by the best in the business and then completely ignore his instructions on the fuel system. If you treat Darrel's advice like your apparately treat jacks advice no wonder why his and Owens club 29's are winning the Crown Jewels your taking provisionals for. I understand your running the block mount because jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens said it was fine but there's no way jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens told you to run a bypass regulator and return line with a block mount cv pump.

I use the volley version and build the bypass myself. You can buy a bypass already altered with the jet from braswell. .honestly if your not going to run a return just get the 7 psi pump and don't use a regulator at all. If your going to run the fuel return any reg will work fine. But I just prefer the jetted bypass to help keep air out of the fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    The correct regulator is the CV Products/ Spin dead head style regulator. A dead head style holds the fuel back until the correct pressure is reached. A bypass regulator has a bleed jet inside of it that is always bypassing fuel and then the diaphragm opens at idle. I don't really understand why on earth " talon " would pay top dollar to have his engines done by the best in the business and then completely ignore his instructions on the fuel system. If you treat Darrel's advice like your apparately treat jacks advice no wonder why his and Owens club 29's are winning the Crown Jewels your taking provisionals for. I understand your running the block mount because jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens said it was fine but there's no way jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens told you to run a bypass regulator and return line with a block mount cv pump.

I would strongly caution anyone from taking any advice from hucktyson, an apparent expert of the DLM world that races 3 times a year( mostly just at the rear of bmains though) . I'll clear it up for your dumba$$, Jay told me two years ago to run the rearmount pump and bypass, we had no issues so why spend the money? Jack just perfers you to have the rearmount pump but was fine with putting a block mount on . Both said to run the bypass style regulator, no matter the pump, and this is the first year I have ran a regulator at all on out cars . We had two motors brake valve springs this year, and one overheat that holed a piston, and one connecting rod come apart, thats it in 55+ races . Nothing fuel related caused any of these issues. I know what works and how to make (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) work,I dont need instructions, you keep paying people to tell you how it is supposed to work and shut your hole . What happens if the deadhead fails and no fuel to the engine? With the bypass on the rear of the fuel log at least the motor will still be getting fuel instead of leaning out .

Keep making the provisional comment too, its like someone calling me fat never heard that one before and it really hurts my feelings!!lol I remember at knoxville we had to take an emergency provisional(the worst kind!!!), but in the row in front of us (taking points provisionals) were Don Oneil and Jimmy Owens( I know he had a big wreck but....) , our little Cali team didnt feel so bad about it after that . We also used fewer than the ROY, but both of us had the most for the series and I am sure that is because we were running a bypass regulator .

zero- we use the spin fr-2000 regulator

how the fawk would running a bypass and return line be dangerous??? I gotta hear this one!!!!

Let me get this straight talon , you had not 1 but 2 renown engine builders tell you to run a rear mount pump and you choose to ignore them. You say you " overheated and holed a piston " and what is a major cause of that ?? running lean. When I got my first aluminum engine years ago it came with a cv pump and I was previously running a spec engine on alcohol with a belt drive so I had a bypass style regulator with a return line. first night it happened to be hammer down on a huge half mile literally I didn't lift period for 10 laps look down and the temp gauge says 255. I put some holes in the nose for the feature and ended up having to pull off when I had an excellent shot of winning because I was at 260 Called the engine builder and he specifically asked how I was plumbed and he explained the cv pump does not have enough volume to be bypassing fuel back to the cell and that it would run lean and hot. I installed a dead head style regulator and problem solved, no heating issues ever after that. call cv products who makes pump and explain to them how you insist on bypassing fuel back to the cell with that pump and see what they think. I have heard 3 separate expert opinions on fuel pumps and all 3 said the cv block mount is barely adequate to support these engines under sustained WOT conditions. You said you overheated and burned a piston.... did you have a hole in the radiator or were you running lean ? CV makes a dead head style regulator to run with those pumps !!! I know because I have one sitting here , and they also make bypass style regulators to run with belt drive pumps .. once again I know because I have one sitting here. Anyone who hires jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and jack cornett to build their engines AND DOESNT listen to everything they say word for word is a flaming gaping a$$ hole who is too stupid to argue with.

I wanna see this 100 gpm fuel guzzling engine this motor builder conjured up.

Dipsh!t, have you ever raced at Paducah? Everyone runs hot there, Owens hurt a motor the same night from getting hot, not lean fuel condition, it was not nearly a hammer down track WOT for even one lap! Again you pay people to "tell" you whats "right", I have the knowledge to know whats right and what's not . By the way Jack and Jay are two very knowledgeable and great guys, but they are not gods, yes they know more than you but hell so does Gray!

Sorry Brian, I don't mean that in a bad way!lol

No offense taken .

I need my head examined for replying to this, and just about anything on here anymore!

There are 2 different types of bypass regulators, one with a jet to lower idle pressure for alky motors, and one without.

Look into it!

dang,..this thread needs a regulator....just say'in!!
    white trash motorsports

A fuel pressure gauge should tell you if it's working or not.

Honestly I can careless if everyone melts every piston out of their motor. Everything I have said on this thread is sound advice that errors on the side of caution.

We use a CV block pump with their dead head regulator and the fuel pressure gauge shows a very consistent pressure reading. Never had any reason to change over, but of course this is on race gas...

Jesse James runs a CV block mount pump on his 487" R0X in a Baja truck with a big, fuel wasting Braswell 4-circuit. Anecdotal, sure. I still prefer the DSR on the back, though.