Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    "You mean quality Chinese food actually exists?"

Only from restaurants that use pedigree dogs and cats!
    Years ago, I used to deliver to a hand full of Asian restaurants. If you'd seen what I've seen, you would never eat at one.
    8/13/16

I would bet the farm that Davenport got 5 to 1 more calls than Shirley when it became known that either was available .

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    There is a trailer at Volusia that sells pretty good Chinese food. Wouldn't call it top quality but dang tasty for a race track. Had the Lo Mein one time and chicken fried rice another...... Think I only have 2 or 3 more payments left on them 
    Yeah i was suprised when i saw Chinese food at Volusia. Was a 1st for me so i had to try it and it wasnt bad at all. That burger spot in the pits is still my favorite there tho

Quote Originally Posted by Bowling Dr. View Post
    Yes first win had 18 cars I believe and 2nd was 26, don't qme on those numbers but I do remember the only name that stood out was mason ziegler.
    There is/was no new device.... 26 car field where he had to start scratch in the b to get in at one of Zieglers "home" tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    There is/was no new device.... 26 car field where he had to start scratch in the b to get in at one of Zieglers "home" tracks.
    Yes, that was impressive no matter who the competition was. He had never even been on that track and made it look easy.

Since both of you were at the race it sounds like, what happened to ziegler to take 24th? Dont't be dumb guys, when you are that good as Davenport is and your racing local talent you will beat them 90% of the time. So don't make it sound like he pulled a Bloomquist at eldora going to the back and still beat everyone

He did that at Knoxville and came up 1 position short,and went to back at the halfway point.

But this thread was about Shirley,I don't recall the time he went to the back of a Lucas/WOO caliber race and made it back anywhere near the front.But I don't follow him too closely,maybe you can enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowling Dr. View Post
    Since both of you were at the race it sounds like, what happened to ziegler to take 24th? Dont't be dumb guys, when you are that good as Davenport is and your racing local talent you will beat them 90% of the time. So don't make it sound like he pulled a Bloomquist at eldora going to the back and still beat everyone
    I thought Davenport WAS just the local talent........there are multiple threads on it within this site.

It's what all the expert pundits claim anyway......I've never heard of the guy myself, just going off what I read.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I thought Davenport WAS just the local talent........there are multiple threads on it within this site.

It's what all the expert pundits claim anyway......I've never heard of the guy myself, just going off what I read.

That being said he beat all those top star national level lucas oil series super late model drivers in 2015. Came away with the lucas title...... look it up if ya dont believe me.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    That being said he beat all those top star national level lucas oil series super late model drivers in 2015. Came away with the lucas title...... look it up if ya dont believe me.
    Are those the guys that kicked everybody's azz that year using some tired old car souped up by a contraption made of bailing wire and duct tape?

And then the series banned duct tape or something like that?Seems like I remember something about it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Are those the guys that kicked everybody's azz that year using some tired old car souped up by a contraption made of bailing wire and duct tape?

And then the series banned duct tape or something like that?Seems like I remember something about it.
    Yep thats the same guys. Did you know the guys name that makes the car run like it does uhm rumpley i believe his name is, well he wrote part of the lucas oil rule book. THEY BACK!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yep thats the same guys. Did you know the guys name that makes the car run like it does uhm rumpley i believe his name is, well he wrote part of the lucas oil rule book. THEY BACK!
    Would be even more impressive if a driver could “do it” all on his on,,,,,,, oh yea that washed up ole hippie can???? Hahahaha I am a fan of both, but to often we forget not many drivers can do it all themselves like I use to be!

"Nuff Said" 2014 World 100, Bloomer was sent to the back of the field after 20 some laps, came back to win by 7 seconds or so, Brian won 2006 Knoxville Nationals by getting spun or spinning out, don't remember how it exactly happened but had to go to the rear and came back to win also. You have been enlightened.

In 2014 Bloomquist also had some ridiculously priced exotic shocks that were even outlawed by formula 1. Needless to say you cant run those anymore

Thanks ,Doc.I was aware of the Bloomquist deal.
    Last edited by nuff said; 11-11-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    In 2014 Bloomquist also had some ridiculously priced exotic shocks that were even outlawed by formula 1. Needless to say you cant run those anymore
    As did other drivers, and they were not illegal at the time. Same with the Rumley device. They were not illegal. Here comes the ball lickers about the difference, I don’t give a sh!t. Both were a big advantage, price isn’t always a reason to outlaw stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    So do you want an asterisk next to that time for Bloomer, and for 2015 with JD?

Never said that cnb I think u came in after a few posts instead of reading everything. I was merely responding to Doc .

Comparing JD coming to the front from the back at Knoxville this year to Bloomquist doing it at Eldora with shocks that were so over priced that formula 1 outlawed them was the point I was trying to make.

Do I fault him for using them no, it was dang smart of him for doing it. You are right he wasn't the only one using them either . Darrell Lanigan hasn't looked the same since . He dominated WOO that year using them.

The Rumley device wasn't bought it was made and that's why so many got upset because they weren't smart enough to recreate it and make it work.

Both the shocks and the device now have their own page in the rulebook lol. Me personally I'm for innovation, I don't want the sport to turn into boring Nascar

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan99 View Post
    It looks like Larson has improved, I don't think anyone in the country ran more races then him, I added up his webside schedule and it is over 100 races! If there was a race he was there so Arnie is letting him race and giving him great equipment. Probably setting him up to run the WoO series. Must have been more going on then just results for Arnie to give the boot to Shirley at midseason.
    Larson has a ways to go but with time maybe.....Shirley had a dream deal and through it away.....his loss, Larson's gain. Shirley won't see that kind of support like Arnie gave him anytime soon and he doesn't deserve it.