Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default late model blocks

ok, not a chevy guy so i dont really know, but do the mid to late 90's model 350's that came with vortec heads have provisions for mechanical fuel pumps ?

thanks for any help

thanks, are they int or ext balanced ?

externally. You can get bert/brinn flywheels for them.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    externally. You can get bert/brinn flywheels for them.
    They are NOT the same external balance as a 400. The one piece cranks flange uses a smaller bolt circle.

Also they internally balanced on the front and external on the flywheel end. Uses the same flywheel as a 602 or 604.

thanks for your help guys , i was going to go look at the u pull it and find me one for the heads , i got a new internal balancer, so looks like i can still use it, i will have engine balanced anyway

You can have your machine shop drill the pump rod and mounting holes in the block. You can also use a rear main seal adapter to put a 2 piece seal crank in it.
    It'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    They are NOT the same external balance as a 400. The one piece cranks flange uses a smaller bolt circle.
    I didnt say it was the same as a 400. I said that you can get a flywheel from bert/brinn to work. Its the same as the 604/602 flywheel i believe, i never got one just used stock bell, stock location starter. When i had mine balanced i used the stock crank and the machinist asked me to bring the flywheel with me. Of course the first time i started it the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) weight flew off.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I didnt say it was the same as a 400. I said that you can get a flywheel from bert/brinn to work. Its the same as the 604/602 flywheel i believe, i never got one just used stock bell, stock location starter. When i had mine balanced i used the stock crank and the machinist asked me to bring the flywheel with me. Of course the first time i started it the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) weight flew off.
    Never meant you did, Just wanted to make sure that people know. We started running a crate in 2005 and I have seen a BUNCH of people make mistakes.

What are you going to try next?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

thanks again for taking time to reply guys , i need an OEM set, and i do head work so i'd like to have a bare set, I know someone who told me they had a set that was already checked out for $ 100 , think i may go get those instead of wasting time pulling engines.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    avoid the 062 and hecho in mexico ones, they dont flow as well as the 906, this is very very old news.
    not for a Ford drag racer who would have only used stock castings to prop the shop door open, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    ok well glad I could let you know then.

Nobody uses the 062 castings thats why you have to be careful getting advice on this or any forum, someone above recomended them over the good ones, thats hillarious.
    I will agree on the Hecho en mexico statment, but the only real differance between the production non mehico 906-062's was the seats, with most of the 062's having the Induction hardened seats. With a valve job and throat cut they are basically the same.
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by fast_crew View Post
    I will agree on the Hecho en mexico statment, but the only real differance between the production non mehico 906-062's was the seats, with most of the 062's having the Induction hardened seats. With a valve job and throat cut they are basically the same.
    CC the intake runner on the mexican head and compared to the non mexican castings.

HAHHAHA My son has that book! He is 9!!! too funny to make up!

Would the small port bowtie vortecs be competitive against 200cc iron eagles on a 366ci 4 barrel motor?

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    CC the intake runner on the mexican head and compared to the non mexican castings.
    Pretty good differance, I know reread my post again Carl. Notice I said NON mehico heads. I don't always word things the best or put punctuation where it belongs. lol
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    Whats the difference?
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Would the small port bowtie vortecs be competitive against 200cc iron eagles on a 366ci 4 barrel motor?
    Had a guy come in with a set of Darts with the same question. He had the old ones, not the Platinum.
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post
    Whats the difference?
    Close to 10cc IIRC.
    Josh K.